Delete This Project?
Are you sure you want to delete this from the Gallery? This can’t be undone.
Your project has been successfully marked for removal. Please allow up to 24 hours for it disappear from all results.
About this project
You probably forgot about it. It's OK. I did too. The Retro Reboot Contest is still a thing. Due to the Gallery being broken around the turn of the decade, the deadline for submissions is now February 6th. Another contest is starting sometime around the 1st, however, so if whoever is in charge of that would would be so kind as to let me know if the new deadline conflicts with their contest, I'll change it back.
Copy/Paste of the original contest description:
1. The title and description have to have the words: #RetroReboot in them somewhere.
2. The figure MUST be a super-articulated remake of an old school figure (see the figures shown in the picture)
3. The figure does not have to be Halo related (you can remake an old Dragons figure, and old Pyrates figure, or even an old Hot-wheels figure. Make whatever you want).
4. The figure should be realistic to Mega. There are dozen of amazing custom makers out there (@WhoThCares, @Corefall117, @YrkanesAbattoir to name a few). Don't do what they do and put so much detail on the figure that it looks like a picture of the source material. Mega would never do what they do. Keep it simple. Again, look at the figures shown in the picture. Also, only sculpt if you have to make a part MCX hasn't updated yet like the CQB chest armor. Try to color match parts and don't try to fix areas where Mega got the color wrong. Literally just update an old figure to super-articulated form.
5. Try to have a picture of the original figure in your post. If you don't have the figure you are re-making in your collection, you can easily find a HD quality image of the figure (if it's Halo) on the MCX website under the products tab. This rule is not mandatory though.
6. Your description should say why you chose to remake the particular figure you remade. Was the original sentimental? Was it your first figure? Is it your favorite old style figure?
There will be three winners (first, second, and third place), and as many honorable mentions as I feel like. Points will be awarded on the following aspects:
1. How true to the original is the figure (rule 4) [10 points possible].
2. Does it actually look like something Mega would make (Rule 4) [10 points possible]
3. Is it well painted / did the creator attempt to paint it well (Let's be honest, not everyone is a talented as everyone else at painting [because we all are unique are better than average at something and worse than average at something else], and so I'm really just looking for the level of care that was put into something. Something that took an hour to make and looks awful will end up getting the same number of points as something that took five minutes to make and looks amazing) [five points possible]
4. How solid is the answer to rule six (a paragraph or two vs five words) [10 points possible]
You can enter as many times as you want, but I will only judge the best entry from each participant. Your extra entries could end up as honorable mentions though. The deadline for entry is February 6th and I will announce the winners on the February 7th.